Tamanu Oil Virgin | Certified Organic
Expressed oil from the seeds of Calophyllum inophyllum. Contains Calophyllic acid, an antifungal & antibacterial ingredient. Certified Organic Tamanu Oil encourages skin & wound healing and is beneficial for the treatment of psoriasis & acne. Our Tamanu Oil Green is Mechanically expressed and is certified Organic by the Soil Association and COSMOS.
- Common Name: Tamanu Oil Certified Organic
- Origin: Vietnam, Tahiti and Madagascar.
- INCI Name: Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil
- Description: Tamanu Oil is suitable for a wide range of general skin formulations. It has a mild and pleasant aroma and a luxurious feel, which makes it ideal for use in lotions, creams, ointments and other skin care products. It absorbs readily into the skin, leaving the skin feeling smooth and soft without any residual greasiness or oiliness. Tamanu Oil is an effective emollient that easily penetrates the skin. Neutral lipids, glycolipids and phospholipids soothe, hydrate and protect the skin while improving the feel of creams and lotions. Our Certified Organic Tamanu Oil has anti-inflammatory properties and helps repair damaged skin.
- Appearance: Dark Olive Green coloured liquid which is slightly viscous.
- Functions: Moisturising, Natural Ingredient, Skin Smoothing, Skin Softening, Anti-inflammatory, Regenerative properties
- Applications: Baby Care, Massage Oils, Skin Care.
- Rich in Fatty and Essential Fatty Acids:
- Linoleic Acid C18:2 30.42%
- Oleic Acid C18:1 37.90%
- Palmitic Acid C16:0 13.45%
- Stearic Acid C18:0 15.24%
- Lignoceric Acid C24:0 0.18%
- Tamanu Oil in Cosmetics: Tamanu Oil is suitable for general skin and cosmetic purposes. The oil's mild pleasant aroma and luxurious feel make it ideal for use in lotions, creams, ointments and other cosmetic products. Tamanu Oil absorbs readily, leaving the skin feeling smooth and soft. The oil adds a glow to skin, without any residual greasiness or oiliness. Tamanu oil has the potential to be a significant ingredient for anyone wanting to develop beneficial natural products.
✔ Moisturising, Nourishing & Restructuring
✔ Regenerating epidermic cells (burns, cracks...)
✔ Anti Bacterial, Anti-acneic & Antiseptic
- Using Recommendations:
- Care products (sun and after-sun products, protecting, regenerating and anti-aging products for dry, damaged or irritated skins, sun and after-sun products): 5 to 20%
- Make-up Products (lipstick and lip balms): 2 to 5%
- Hair and body hygiene products : 0.5 to 10%
- Natural preservative
- Aromatherapy: Can be used neat on the skin or in association with other oils.